Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Little Things

Having Sophie around has been such a blessing. I can't say that enough. That little baby is filled with so much happiness, laughs, and smiles. I feel so lucky.

I was thinking a few days ago about how every little thing a baby does is praised and we get so excited about it- when they smile for the first time, or learn to roll over, or crawl, or sit up... Every little step, every little moment is smiled upon and the smallest things are considered the biggest successes. I wish I was able to look at adults and have those exact same feelings when they accomplished even the smallest of things. I think not only would we love others more but also ourselves. So, that is my goal- to notice the small things and make them more valuable. I think far too often it's easy to think that we haven't done enough because we only value the big things in life. We are so hard on ourselves. Today that is going to stop. Who is going to join me?

1 comment: